Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Oh the Places You'll Go"

On February 16, I started my busy travel season. Here are the highlights:

February 16 - 20, 2012
Kennesaw, GA
On my last visit to Kennesaw in November, I ran Kennesaw Mountain and found these civil war canons at the top.


To eat? I haven't been able to find highly desirable, write-home-to-mom, eating establishments in Kennesaw. In fact, my recent visit there started with a trip to the market where I purchased food for my stay. All but the last night. After 3 solid days of teaching, I hauled butt to The Marietta Fish Market where I ate the grilled filet of grouper. 




February 23-26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I started my first visit to Raleigh so ill that I though I might have to visit the local emergency room. 

The next morning, I went for an easy run and found the State Capitol, a city block with a modest government building. 

The next two evenings, I enjoyed dinner out with my friends, Scott and Rebecca. The first night, we ate with a larger group at Bu ku Global Street Food

On Saturday night, we drank dinner at The Flying Saucer where those in the beer club are "immortalized in the ring of honor" after reaching established levels of consumption. The local brews would make Wisconsin proud.

March 1-4, 2012
San Antonio, TX



If you haven't been to the Riverwalk, go. 


And drink, sing, and laugh at Durty Nelly's Irish Pub.



And enjoy Howl at the Moon where dueling pianos will make you smile and laugh and be happy.







March 8-10, 2012
Ewing, NJ

I flew into Philadelphia with my colleague, Melissa, rented a car and drove to Ewing, NJ. 

After our meeting on Friday, we drove to Princeton, NJ. 

Princeton University is impressive.

We enjoyed dinner at Mediterra in Princeton, NJ.

Blogspot, and its picture quota, keeps me from sharing visuals of my time with Melissa in Princeton.

I'm home now. Until Thursday . . . Mettawa, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment